THE AMERICAN MUSEUM OF MAGIC
Opened on April Fool's Day, 1978, the museum was the realization of a dream by Bob and Elaine Lund. The Lund's collection of magic book, props, posters and memorabilia had formerly filled their Detroit-area home. On a weekend excursion, the couple fell in love with Marshall and found the 1869 building - once a bakery - that they spent two years transforming into The American Museum of Magic.
Bob and Elaine were friends to magicians and enthusiasts of the art from around the world. Over a 50 year period, they acquired the artifacts that were displayed in the museum.
During the Lund's lifetimes, the museum was privately operated. Following their passings, a Board of Directors was established to carry on the Lund's mission of sharing magic history with the public.
Today, the museum continues and thrives, thanks to a dedicated group of volunteers who steward the ever-expanding collection for future generations.
Click to visit the museum website.